Metropolitan Movers Canada - WORST Moving Experience Ever!!! Oceanside, CA to Ontario, Canada
Booked Feb.14/15, Picked up Feb.
18. Still hasn't made it to the destination and it's March 22nd! Booked for 2 movers. "One" showed up with a broken dolly.
I had to go get my son up (he works nights) and my son helped him move the furniture till it was dusk. He left my furniture unattended in a public parking lot on hot tarmac. He showed up dirty, smelly, unshaven, didn't speak very good English. I called the Metropolitan Movers number that I booked on and was told to call another number.
This phone tag went on for 3 hours. I asked for another mover and no one showed up. Every time I called they referred me to someone else. The last time I called I said I'm not calling anyone else.
You deal with this problem and solve it. I had to be out of the condo the next day. No one called me back, no one emailed me, no one sent someone to deal with the nightmare mover they sent me. The mover told me as soon as he arrived he was tired that he just did a move before mine.
He was in my home about 10 minutes and asked if I would go and get him something to eat and drink because he was hungry and thirsty & didn't have time to get breakfast or lunch. He dropped my large hutch on the ramp and it slid down the ramp scratching both sides. He didn't wrap the furniture and take it out. He took it out and wrapped it outside.
After he got the truck loaded I asked him for the paper work. He handed me some sheets. I said it's going to Canada, is this all I need to fill out? He assured me that was it.
He was from Canada and there wasn't going to be a problem with the border crossing. He said he had quite a few more pick ups and that it would be there in approx. 2 weeks. I called my mother 3 weeks later in Ontario (where the furniture was being shipped to) and asked her if she got the furniture.
It had still not arrived! I called the number I was given 1-888-587-5687 they said it's out of their hands now and with an international mover in B.C. I called the number and they didn't know where it was. I had to pull up old emails to get information for them.
They told me it was at the border and it should be there in a few days. A week goes by and still no furniture. It was in a warehouse for a couple of weeks in Toronto. Then my mother gets a call from them and asked why someone hadn't come down to the Canadian Customs to sign a release of the furniture.
They told her they wouldn't deliver it because I didn't fill out the proper paper work for border crossing. She calls me, I call them and they said I would have to fly up to Canada!!! I said that wasn't an option as I work and live in Arizona now. I can't just jump on a plane to sign a paper and fly back.
That I was told the paper work I signed at my house was all I needed to do. So he suggests my mother drive to Toronto. My mother is in her late 80's and doesn't drive. So after a lot of frustrating and not so pleasant phone calls they said i could send a notarized letter to Toronto to someone and they could deliver it to the customs office.
Fine...I finally found someone in Toronto to do this. That was not enough. They now say my friend has to meet the truck driver when it's convenient for him (the truck driver) and go to the customs together. We have been calling them for the past few days.
I was told if my furniture isn't picked up in a week it will be sent back to the U.S. Absolutely unprofessional company. The customer service it terrible. I would never recommend this company to anyone.
It's caused us nothing but stress, time, phone calls, time off work and aggravation the past few weeks. We were told the furniture would be there within two weeks so my mom got rid of the furniture she had expecting this to arrive. Disgusted in them. Any company that claims they are professionals in long distance moving then puts you through this stress shouldn't be in business.
I took pictures and video of my son working all morning and of the damage to my furniture. I specifically looked up a Canadian company as I'm a Canadian Citizen. Thought I was doing a good thing...boy was I wrong!! The phone tag was ridiculous and no one in the past month have replied to any of my emails.
Don't use this company!!Very dissatisfied customer!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- International Moving
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "My experience with California Moving Systems, 3801 Happy Lane, Sacramento, CA 95827 has been a nightmare. This companies actions, practices, and personnel could best be described as negligent, reckless, with..."
- "I got my stuff with a big hole on my coffee table, damages and missing pieces of my day bed. We filed a claim and the answer is DENIED why..."
- "After paying for two year, on hwy n 98 Lakeland fl.come today on a Saturday my wife and I pay our late fee because every time we called to make..."
- "Here is the sandwich that my wife order from Dominos Pizza on Camp pendleton in Ca. What a rip off. Will ..."
- "Sent for wrinkle remover. Was sent eye cream, face mask, eye mask,andface ream all made by Dermal Med lnc. What was. Only 4.95 turned out to be 89.97. Called..."
- "I have been asking for DHGate's help on resolving this issue since purchase of a machine from seller goshoppingnow for over $1400 going on for over 8 months now. We..."
- " All Reviews Telecommunications Fox News 48 of 272 reviews Fox News The Kelly File Tv Show Review from Helotes, Texas ISSUE NOT RESOLVED Helotes, Texas Oct 19 ..."
- " I bought a brand-new Turbo razor from Bert's first trip out and had a crankcase seal leaking took it in the service department everybody said oh yeah will take..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."